Centrifuge 2012 Day #1
Today was a busy day for our students! Here is a rundown of how our day went:
- We got away a little later than planned because of some vehicle issues.
- Traveling with 44 people can be kind of difficult. Especially when trying to make bathroom stops and finding somewhere to eat.
- We finally made it to FUGE and got our students registered for their tracks.
- Opening celebration was AWESOME! Our speaker for the week, Will, did a great job talking about different “masks” that we wear. I’m really excited to see how God uses him to teach our students this week.
- Our students were divided up into their Bible study groups, and had the opportunity to meet some other middle schoolers from other churches.
- Church group devotions was a lot of fun! We’ve divided our students up into family groups for the week, and they have one of our leaders as their “mama” or “daddy”.
- Favorite moment in the day was finding out that we have 7 of our students that signed up to do the missions track this week. These students will have the opportunity to learn more about missions and then go out into the community on Wednesday and Thursday to serve. So proud to see them stepping up to be leaders!
The theme for this week is The Pursuit. My prayer is that our students will realize that God has been pursuing them and that they will begin to pursue God daily in their lives!
Posted on June 12, 2012, in middle school, Retreats and Camps, Student Ministry, Summer Camp, Youth Ministry and tagged Camps, Carson-Newman College, Centrifuge, FUGE, Middle School Ministry, Summer Camp. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.