Centrifuge 2012 Day #3
This was the first full day of camp for our students! Here is a rundown of how our day went:
- We started off our day with breakfast and a quiet time. This morning we read Acts 19:13-20 and learned about the importance of living out our faith in word and deed.
- Students were then dismissed to recreation time with their Bible study groups. Today they were able to go down to the rec field for some games. They played blind fold kickball, noodle fighting, trust walk, and a few other games. While this was going on the adults did the trust fall. It was a scary experience, but a lot of fun!
- Students then went to Bible study and looked at Ephesians 3:3-13.
- After lunch students went to their tracks. The leaders divided up and went around to the different tacks to see our students. I got to see our students in drama, duct tape art, tennis, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, and 9 square in the air.
- In worship tonight Will shared from John 6 about how Jesus described himself as the bread of life. He shared how Jesus is the only thing that will complete us and satisfy us in this life. He used the example of a puzzle and trying to fit the wrong piece in the puzzle. He then gave all our students a puzzle piece as a reminder that Jesus is the only thing that can fill that hole.
- Favorite moment today was sitting in small group tonight and hearing our students share about what God has been teaching them this week. Also, talking with our adult leaders and hearing how God is speaking to our students this week. God is continuing to move in a powerful ways in their lives.
Today’s pictures can be found here.
Pray for our students to clearly hear the voice of God this week, and that they will respond in obedience to what He tells them.
Posted on June 13, 2012, in middle school, Retreats and Camps, Student Ministry, Summer Camp, Youth Ministry and tagged Camps, Carson-Newman College, Centrifuge, FUGE, Middle School Ministry, Summer Camp. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.