Returning from Camp
We finished up a week of summer camp a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been in the process of getting back into normal life. The days and weeks after coming home from camp can be hard sometimes because we jump back into everything too quickly.
Here are a couple of tips on getting back into “normal” life:
- Make a lot of time for God – Spend extra time reading the Bible, praying, journaling, singing, etc. You just spent a lot of time at camp giving yourself to other people. Take some extra time with God to fill your “tank” back up.
- Take a day to rest – Don’t just jump right back into the office. Take some time to sleep in, read, get stuff done around the house, take a nap, spend some time with a hobby, etc.
- Spend some time with your family – Go to lunch together, go to the park, ride bikes, etc. Just spend time hanging out and having fun as a family and reconnecting with each other.
- Take things slow – When you do get back into the office don’t take on too many things all at once. You’ll feel overwhelmed and not give your best to your work. Make a small list of what you would like to get accomplished each day, and cross it off when the project is complete.
- Write things down – Write down the things that you learned at camp. Things God showed you, things you learned about your students, things you learned about your leaders, things that you need to do differently next year, etc.
What helps you get back to “normal” after summer camp?
Posted on June 26, 2012, in Ministry, Retreats and Camps, Student Ministry, Summer Camp, Youth Ministry and tagged Post Camp, Student Ministry, Summer Camp, Youth Ministry. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.